Colors. Graphics. Original content.
These are all elements that work together to make your website interesting to potential customers. Unfortunately, you can’t just throw together a website with your two favorite colors, throw a graphic somewhere on the page and call it a day. There is research to prove that the appearance of your website has everything to do with conversions.
So is your website repelling your potential customers?
Ask yourself these few questions to find out!
Do you have hard-to-read content?
When visitors come to your website, one of the characteristics they value most is readability. Keep in mind that not everyone that visits your site will know all of the technical terms surrounding your industry.
If you are going to utilize technical terms, be sure to explain them on first reference so that your readers can understand. Better yet, save the technical terms until you’ve got them on board with your services.
Is your page overtaken with ads?
Ads are becoming increasingly annoying to Internet users. Your potential customers don’t want to spend time on sites that are ad-heavy, and for most businesses, it’s best not to have them at all.
Visitors are more likely to stay on your page if they don’t have to skim through ads to see the content they are looking for.
Does your page take more than 3 seconds to load?
Any page that takes longer than three seconds to load loses nearly half of its traffic. This means that if your site is slow, you could lose half of your potential customers – and send them right back to the search results where they’ll find one of your competitors.
On mobile devices, the time frame is a little more forgiving, and pages are usually abandoned by 74% of people after 5 seconds. Still, load times are important – and if yours aren’t fast, you could be losing customers.
Ways to make your pages load faster
- Reduce the size of your images
- Remove unnecessary plugins
- Be sure that you have a good hosting account
Do you have too many calls to action?
Though it is extremely important to have calls to action on your site, too many can be overwhelming. If visitors feel like they are bombarded with buttons asking for their information, they may be confused about which to choose – or worse, annoyed by the overly-salesy feel.
This image shows the perfect balance of what you should have on your page as far as calls to action. The buttons displayed are easy to find and they allow a place for visitors to act on their interest in your service.
The calls to action are shown in a way that doesn’t push for personal information, but rather provides the visitor with an option to contact when they are ready.
Do you have videos that play when your page first opens?
Think back to the last time that you opened a site that blasted your speakers with an automatically-played video clip. Were you happy about not pressing play, but seeing and hearing the video anyway? Many visitors to your site will be extremely annoyed if your site does this, and will bounce almost immediately.
You may think it’s a perk to play the info for your visitors, but it’s actually quite the opposite. Turn off autoplay, and let your visitors decide whether or not to watch your video content.
Does your web design look like it’s from 1999?
As the world becomes increasingly technologically advanced, Internet users have certain expectations of company websites – especially ones that they are considering hiring for a service.
If your site is outdated or difficult to navigate, it’s time for an update. Work with a reputable design agency that can provide your business with a more modern look, and your visitors will be much more confident in working with you.
Do you require too much of your visitors?
The minute you require visitors’ personal information, you are almost guaranteed to lose a portion of them.
More often than not, first-time visitors are looking to enter your site, find specific information, and leave. Later in the sales funnel, it’s okay to ask for information like their name and email address, but at the start of the process, your job is to eliminate any hoops that might be involved – not create them.
You can ask for information as part of your calls to action or newsletter signup forms, but don’t require it for the majority of your content.
Are your offers sneaky?
“Get 20% off our services today, just by signing up for our newsletter!”
If you offer perks like this, don’t make them conditional.
One of the biggest hassles for many Internet users is attempting to claim an offer, just to find more obstacles to navigate before actually getting it. If you won’t give a 20% voucher until your customer spends $1,000, list that stipulation up front!
Otherwise, potential customers may leave your site frustrated and annoyed that you offered a deal or discount to get their information, then let them down.
Is your website too busy?
If your website has an overwhelming number of colors and graphics, it may appear busy and confusing to your visitors. In many cases, they’ll leave in search of a site that’s cleaner and easier to navigate.
This can be a somewhat subjective quality, but it’s always a good idea to have people outside of your company test your site. If they find it confusing or difficult to find information, it may be time to rethink your design.
Do you use overly dramatized stock photos?
Bad stock photos are perhaps one of the worst things to include on a professional website. Not only do they appear spammy, but they also make it look like you don’t have the resources to take images of your own business.
Images can help to illustrate your business and what it can do for customers, but if they’re obviously staged, you aren’t doing your site any favors. Instead, consider hiring a photographer to take high quality images of your office, products, or past projects.
Do you hide the price of your services?
One thing that customers look for when they are seeking services is a transparent website that offers straightforward pricing information.
If you choose to make visitors jump through hoops in order to see the cost of your service, you will likely lose many potential customers.
Most often than not, visitors to your site are doing just that – visiting. This means that many will simply be researching and looking to find information on your service to compare to other services. Offer them pricing information so they can quickly get on with their process and be one step closer to picking your company to serve them.
Are your pages difficult to navigate?
There’s nothing more frustrating than visiting a website where you can’t find what you’re looking for. One of the most important qualities in any website is easy navigation throughout.
Think of the last time your visited a website and couldn’t find what you were looking for. It is extremely easy to become frustrated when you visit a website for one thing and can’t seem to find it. This is why ease of navigation is so important.
In order to ensure easy navigation, be sure to have a navigation bar that stands out from the rest of your page. Use logical organization for the difficult types of pages on your site, and have several people test it before launching it on your site. If you have a lot of product pages, it’s also a good idea to include a search bar so that customers can easily find the specific items they’re interested in.
Do you make customers determine their next steps on their own?
Not every site visitor is immediately ready to convert – but for the ones who are, it should be obvious how they can do so.
If you are serious about selling your services, you will have a call-to-action on every page of your website. These can be as simple as buttons with text like “call now,” “visit us today”, or “tell me more.” All of these phrases encourage your visitors to make the next move in committing to your service.
To ensure that your visitors can contact you from every page, with each of these calls-to-action, you should also have a field for the visitor to fill in their e-mail address. Even if they are just a little interested, after they disclose their e-mail, you can stay in contact with your newsletters or special offers.
This also gives you the opportunity to personally reach out, which is always better than a bulk email.
Is your tone off-putting?
“We do not work around the clock and we are closed on Mondays. Sorry.”
This is an example of exactly what you don’t want to sound like to customers. If you don’t write your website in a way that shows potential customers compassion for their needs, chances are they won’t want to work with you.
Is your site confusing to navigate on mobile devices?
Today, more Google searches take place on mobile devices than desktop computers. This means that your potential customers are searching for information on the go, and they need to be able to access it from their smartphones and other devices.
The only way to ensure this is with responsive design, which allows your site to adapt to any browser and screen size and provide a great user experience. Although it may require some extensive development work if your site is not currently mobile-friendly, it’s worth your time and resources to be able to reach more potential customers.
Does your site have any of these issues?
If you answered “yes” to any of the above questions, you have some work to do on your site. On the upside, it also means that you have plenty of room to improve your online presence and attract even more customers.
Have you faced any of these issues in the past? Let us know in the comments below!
Monthly Popular Posts
- Dalam Waktu Dekat Chrome Bakal Block Video Bersuara yang Diputar Secara Otomatis
- Bio Instagram Kini Bisa Ditambahkan Hashtag dan Link Profil
- Live Streaming YouTube Kini Bisa Juga Melalui Komputer Desktop
- Kecam Praktik Pengumpulan Data Facebook, Pendiri WhatsApp Ikut Gerakan #DeleteFacebook
- YouTube Versi Web Bakal Punya Fitur Mode Picture-In-Picture?
- How to Add a New Sidebar to WordPress Using the register_sidebar Function
- The Top 10 WordPress Page Builder Plugins
- 15 WordPress SEO Tips to Boost Your Search Engine Rankings
- What the WordPress ‘do_shortcode’ Function Is (And How to Use It)
- How to Add Custom WordPress Fonts the Correct Way
- How to Become a WordPress Developer (In 6 Steps)
- How to Set Up and Use Google Tag Manager in WordPress (In 4 Steps)
- 4 Ways to Fix the ‘Are you sure you want to do this? Please try again’ Error in WordPress
- How to Become a Web Developer
- MANAGEENGINE : Endpoint Security & Management Workshop 2018
- ProtonVPN: Satu Servis VPN Yang Semakin Matang
- 000webhost Selected as HostingAdvice’s 2018 Featured Expert
- Pewdipie Vs T-Series : Pengakhiran Takhta Sang Raja Youtube?
- MyTV Tiada Siaran? Adakah Ia Akan Ditamatkan?
- CyberGhost VPN: Servis VPN Elit Dengan Sedikit Kepincangan
- Winamp 5.8 Dilepaskan Secara Rasmi Dengan Sokongan Windows 10
- Mozilla Bekerjasama Dengan ProtonVPN Bagi Menawarkan Plan Langganan VPN Premium
- Ubuntu 18.10: Adakah Berbaloi Menggunakannya?
- Winamp Akan Membuat Kemunculan Semula Pada Tahun 2019
- Ulasan: Audra Internet Business Security
- Beginilah Cara Mendengarkan Musik Spotify Melalui Browser PC
- MyTV Mula Beroperasi Semula
- Cara Melaporkan Akaun Palsu Di Facebook
- Showbox Mengikut Jejak Langkah Dan Nasib Terrarium TV
- Cara Mendaftar Akaun Profil Di Forum 4PDA
- Lazada Slash Dan 11.11 Sales 2018 : Kegembiraan Dibalas Penipuan
- WatchSoMuch: Pengganti Seven Torrents
- Best Black Friday & Cyber Monday Web Hosting Deals 2018
- What is the ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error and how to fix it?
- How to Monetize a Website
- Ketahui Kata Laluan WiFi Berhampiran Dengan Mudah
- 7 VPN Terbaik Pilihan OMG Hackers 
- Best 9 Domain Name Generators
- Best 10 Favicon Generators: Create a Favicon for Free
- Ulasan Private Internet Access: Murah, Ringkas, Dengan Sedikit Kelemahan
- 10 Alternatif Sumber Terbuka Dan Percuma Bagi Perisian Komersial
- Best HTML editors of 2018
- [Tips Dan Tutor] Cara Mendapatkan Storan Awan 10GB Dengan Nextcloud
- [Tips Dan Tutor] Filemail.com: Hantar Fail Bersaiz Hingga 50GB Melalui Emel
- [Tutorial] Send Anywhere: Alternatif Terbaik Bagi Tujuan Pemindahan Fail
- Maxis Melancarkan Hotlink Postpaid Flex Plus Disertakan Dengan Telefon Pintar
- Everything: Pencarian Fail Terpantas Dengan Tool Percuma
- WE ARE DOING OUR PART TO SAVE YOUTUBE. Now it’s your turn
- How to Write a Good Meta Description?
- Strim YouTube Menggunakan MPC-HC
- Cara Memuat Turun Video Dari Netflix Dengan Mudah
- How to Come Up With Blog Ideas
- Best Online Grammar Checkers of 2019
- The Best HTML Web Fonts to Use in 2019
- 7 Best Platforms to Learn Coding for Free
- What Is a Blog and Why Should You Start One?
- How to Add a Youtube Subscribe Button to Your Website?
- Apa Itu HEVC?
- Best Free Photo Editor 2019
- Printing Baju Fans Hilmy Ashley Maharaja Lawak Mega 2018
- 12 Tips Memilih Android Box 
- Free Advertising Ideas for Your Business
- Apa Itu WEB-DL?
- How to Remove Query Strings from Static Resources
- 5 Best Blog Name Generators
- Best Free and Paid Website Design Software and Tools
- How To Start an Online Store For Free?
- Top 10 Online Business Ideas to Start in 2019
- 10 Laman Sesawang Terbaik Bagi Menggantikan Aplikasi Desktop
- Best 4 WordPress Gallery Plugins Compared
- Best Free FTP Clients
- How To Start A Podcast
- FlareGet Download Manager: Inilah Alternatif Dan Pengganti IDM
- 7 Tips Dan Trik Bagi Android Box: Maksimumkan Fungsi Peranti
- 7 Laman Torrent Pilihan OMG Hackers Bagi Tahun 2019
- DesignCap: Cipta Poster Profesional Melalui Atas Talian Dengan Mudah
- Asian TV HD: Strim Saluran Televisyen Asia Di Telefon Dan Android Box Anda
- 7 Web Design Trends for 2019
- 6 Best Places to Learn HTML
- Nyahpasang Bloatware Pada Windows 10 Dengan O&O App Buster
- How to Remove Background in Photoshop
- Leonflix: Alternatif Terrarium TV Bagi Pengguna PC
- Wedding Website Examples and How to Create One
- Tips Menonton YouTube Di Televisyen Dengan Lebih Efisien
- Best Places to Learn CSS
- How to Choose a Good Domain Name?
- Top Google Adsense Alternatives
- How to Create a Portfolio Website
- How to Make Phone Number Clickable
- Cara Mengintegrasi Nano Defender Kepada uBlock Origin
- 10 Ways to Increase WordPress Security
- Cara Pasang Kodi 18.1 ‘Leia’ Pada Ubuntu Atau Linux Mint
- How to Register a Domain Name
- Cara Pasang No Limits Magic Build Pada Kodi 18
- Best Recourses to Learn WordPress
- How Much Does a WordPress Site Cost?
- Tips Memulakan Saluran YouTube Bagi YouTuber Baru
- 11 Types of Blogs: Which Is The Best Choice for You?
- How to Copyright a Website?
- 5 Extension/Addon Terbaik Bagi Menjaga Privasi
- How to Design A Website for Your Business
- How to Host a Website for Free?
- 5 Best Blog Examples to Get You Inspired
- What Is Alt Text and Why Is It Important?
- Future of Web Development in the Year 2019
- Jom Dual Boot Windows Dengan Ubuntu
- The Ultimate Guide to Email Marketing Services + Bonus Tips
- 5 Best Free Image Hosting Sites
- Apa Itu Codec AV1 Dan Bagaimana Cara Mengaktifkannya Pada YouTube
- 6 Best eCommerce Platforms for Your Online Business
- How to Fight Writer’s Block
- Why Should I Start a Blog? Bonus: Start a Blog for Free
- 18 Best Affiliate Marketing Programs: Make Money Online
- How to Monetize a Blog: a Guide for Beginners
- How to be a Better Writer: 12 Writing Tips to Help You Improve as a Blogger
- How to Submit a Website to Search Engines and Get More Traffic
- Is Blogging Dead?
- Ternyata Jutaan Komputer Mac Telah Terkena Malware Periklanan Penipuan Scammers
- Website Promotion: How to Promote Your Website or Blog
- How to Write Faster and Better?
- What Are Blog Taglines and Why Are They Important?
- All You Need to Know about PSD to HTML
- Layanan Google Inbox Akan Segera Berakhir Akhir, Google Sarankan Pengguna Beralih Ke Gmail
- How to Start an Online Clothing Store in Just a few Simple Steps
- What is HTML?
- WordPress vs. Drupal: Which is Better?
- Tools AI Terbaru Milik Facebook Akan Secara Proaktif Mendeteksi Pornografi Balas Dendam
- 8 Best Free Online Form Builders
- 5 Websites With The Best Bootstrap Tutorials
- What is Ghostwriting: Everything You Need to Know
- 6 Best CMS in 2019
- Franz: Aplikasi Hub Permesejan Semua Dalam Satu
- Cara Melangkau Google ReCAPTCHA
- 4 Website Development Best Practices to Ensure Happy Site Visitors
- What is an SVG File: Everything you Need to Know
- 5 Free Online HTML Code Validators
- What Is A Domain Name?
- [Ulasan] Misteri Dilaila: ‘Dua’ Buah Filem Yang Unik Dan Menarik
- Top 7 Blogging Platforms of 2019
- Rom-Comm Mixtape: Album Eksperimental Yang Dibuat Menggunakan Ubuntu Studio
- How to Make a Great About Me Page?
- Bersihkan Sistem Operasi Dengan BleachBit: Alternatif CCleaner
- Top 10 HTML Templates: Which HTML Template is the Best for You?
- Cara Memasang Dan Menggunakan Surfshark VPN Pada Ubuntu/Linux Mint
- 8 Best HTML5 Video Players of 2019
- 6 Reasons You Should Redesign Your Website in 2019
- Top 10 Places to Learn SQL Online
- Best Places to Learn Website Development Online
- 5 Panduan Pemasaran Berkesan Di Instagram
- Simplistic Website Design Ideas to Transform Your Online Presence
- How to Make an Ebook in 4 Easy Steps
- How to Drive Traffic to Your Website or Blog (For Free!)
- How to Make Money Blogging: A Step by Step Tutorial
- How to Write a Blog Post: A Beginners Guide
- How Much Money Do Top Bloggers Make?
- How to Find Writing Inspiration
- Inverted Pyramid in Content Writing: What Is It and How Does It Work?
- How to Become a Virtual Assistant with No Experience
- What to Blog About? + How to Start a Blog For Free
- Importance of Anchor Text [Your All-Encompassing Guide]
- Cara Buang Bloatware Dan Iklan Pada Peranti Xiaomi/Redmi Tanpa Root
- Membeli Belah ‘Di Tesco’ Tanpa Perlu Pergi Ke Tesco
- Hati-Hati! Ada Karyawan Snapchat yang Salahgunakan Posisinya Untuk Memata-Matai Pengguna
- Membuka ‘Kunci’ Katalog Netflix Mana-Mana Negara Dengan Surfshark VPN
- Your 6-Step Website Redesign Project Plan That’s Easy as Pie
- WordPress Custom Fields – What Are They and How to Use Them
- Apa Itu Pixel Binning? Adakah 48MP Dari Sensor Samsung Itu ‘Palsu’?
- Why Isn’t My Website Making Money? (And How Do I Fix It?)
- Google Hadirkan Berbagai Tools Traveling Dalam Web Baru Bernama “Trips”
- John Wick Chapter 3: Perang Mafia Berdarah!
- Redmi Note 7: Ciri Dan Nilai Terbaik Untuk Wang Anda?
- Find a Website Designer: 6 Tips for Finding the Best Website Designer
- Beautiful Websites: 6 Tips for Attractive Website Design
- EagleGet V2: Ulasan Bagi ‘Turbo Downloader’ Dan Klien Torrent 
- Cara Membuat Tetapan Ubuntu Dalam Windows 10 Menggunakan Hyper-V Manager
- Google Ad Creator: How to Use Google’s Display Ad Builder
- Internet Download Accelerator: Alternatif IDM Percuma Yang Padu
- Child’s Play: Chucky Versi Hodoh Secara Semulajadi
- How To Use Bootstrap: Tutorial for Beginners
- Cara Menonton Video 18+ (Age Restricted) Di YouTube Tanpa Menggunakan Akaun
- Akaso Brave 4: Harga Marhaen, Prestasi Seumpama GoPro?
- 9 Steps for Creating a Secure Website – Make Your Site Secure
- 6 Best WordPress Themes for Blogs [Guess What, They’re Free]
- Bagaimana Night Sight Pada Pixel/Gcam Berfungsi?
- Passwordless SSH – Everything You Need to Know
- How to Go about Guest Posting
- Ulasan Phidisk PhantomKnight 960GB SATA SSD
- The Definitive Website Accessibility Checklist
- DC Dimming, Sangat Penting Untuk Skrin AMOLED
- Linksys Velop Whole-Home Mesh WiFi: Mesh Router Merangkap ‘WiFi Booster’
- Kenapa Privasi Penting Walaupun Anda Tiada Apa Yang Hendak Disorokkan?
- Web Design vs. Web Development: Key Distinctions to Help Decide Which One You Need
- What is Robots.txt and How Does Implementing Robots.txt Affect SEO?
- The Chrome Reaper: ‘Bunuh’ Proses Yang Tidak Diperlukan Pada Chrome
- Akaso V50 Pro: Kamera Aksi Harga Mampu Milik Dengan Rakaman 4K Asli
- Android Box Patut Di”ban” Di Malaysia…
- Instagram Gunakan AI Untuk Meredam Komentar Kasar dan Bullying
- Tronsmart Element T6 Plus: Penyedap Halwa Telinga Peminat Muzik Dan Filem
- Meneliti Microsoft Edge Chromium: ‘Modded Chrome’?
- Coocaa Memasuki Pasaran Malaysia Melalui E-Dagang, Eksklusif Bersama Lazada
- TAOTRONICS SoundSurge 60 TT-BH060 : Seolah Berada Di Studio Peribadi
- What Is Responsive Web Design? (The Non-Developer’s Cheat Sheet)
- Firefox Monitor: Pantau Akaun Anda Dari Aktiviti Penggodaman
- We Dare You to Try These 6 Remarkable Website Optimization Tools
- Apa Itu ASMR?
- Apa Itu Teknologi Blue Core Dan VVA Pada Motosikal Yamaha
- Tamagotchi Gen 2: Generasi Terakhir Tamagotchi Dengan Skrin Hitam Putih?
- NordLynx: Protokol Terbaru NordVPN Berasaskan WireGuard
- Tronsmart Trim: Power Bank Yang Lebih Nipis Dari Dompet Anda
- Xiaomi Mi 9T: ‘Raja’ Ketahanan Bateri!
- Coocaa 50Q5: Televisyen Android Ultra HD 4K Dengan HDR Dan Dolby
- NZXT Mengumumkan Siri Baru H Series dan H510 Elite
- Apa Itu HTTP/3? (HTTP-Over-QUIC)
- QCY T2C: TWS Bajet Untuk Penggemar Muzik
- PsiXBot: Malware Dikuasakan Dengan DNS-Over-HTTPS Google
- Cara Mengaktifkan Perlindungan Dari Ransomware Pada Windows 10
- Microsoft Membawa Fungsi Tontonan 4K Di Netflix Pada Pelayar Berasaskan Chromium
- Cara Mengaktifkan DNS-Over-HTTPS (DoH) Pada Firefox Dan Chrome
- Mozilla Melancarkan Firefox Private Network (Firefox VPN)
- Muat Turun Pantas Tidak Bererti Akan Dapat Strim Video Dengan Lebih Baik
- OPPO A9 2020: 48MP, Quad Camera, Serta Lensa Sudut Ultra Lebar 119°
- Tronsmart Melancarkan Spunky Pro True Wireless Headphone
- Ultracopier: Penyalin Fail Percuma, Sumber Terbuka Dan Pantas!
- Xhelper Trojan: Malware Android Yang Tidak Dapat Dibuang?
- Stremio: Alternatif Terrarium TV Dan Kodi Paling Mudah Digunakan
- Website Redesign Checklist + 7 Handy Website Redesign Tips
- 7 Perkara Perlu Dilakukan Selepas Memasang Ubuntu 19.10
- Ubuntu 19.10: Linux Untuk Peminat Permainan Video?
- Cara Menggunakan Pelayar SalamWeb Bagi Mencari Arah Kiblat
- Ulasan Tronsmart Spunky Pro: TWS Berkualiti Mampu Milik
- Pelancaran Tronsmart Spunky Beat True Wireless Headphones
- Geran: Pertembungan Antara Hak Dan Batil
- Is Your Website a Failure? 3 Reasons Sites Fail (And How to Save Yours)
- Apa Itu Deep Fusion?
- EasyDoH: Pengaktifan Mudah DNS-Over-HTTPS Pada Firefox
- Joker: Naskhah Melankolia Disulam Sadis, Gelap Dan Berat
- Linksys MR8300 Tri-Band Gaming Mesh Router: Router Untuk ‘Gamers’!
- 10 Langkah Mudah Cara Melanggan Disney+ Bagi Rakyat Malaysia
- What is a Favicon? [+4 Tips for Creating an Impactful Favicon]
- R.I.P Openload, Streamango Dan Verystream
- What is Cross-Browser Compatibility – A Guide for Beginners
- Bagaimana Cara Pixel 4 Mengambil Gambar Dengan Mode Astrophotography?