Are you looking to generate more leads and revenue with your website? If so, it’s time to consider web design for lead generation to help you create a website that caters to your audience and encourages them to become leads for your business.
On this page, we’ll provide you with five lead generation website design best practices for building a better site. If you want to get the latest on web design tips and tricks, subscribe to our newsletter, Revenue Weekly.
Or, if you want to learn more about what WebFX can do for you, give us a ring at 888-601-5359!
Otherwise, keep reading to learn more about how to craft an effective lead generation website for your business.
1. Focus on the user experience
If you want to be successful with website lead generation design, you must focus on building design for your audience. While the site belongs to and advertises your business, it’s crucial that you make it for your audience. After all, they are the ones browsing your site.
You must put the user’s experience first. To successfully drive leads for your company, focus on creating a website that helps your audience find information quickly and easily.
So, how do you create a user-friendly website?
- Get your pages loading fast: Users want information quickly, so slow-loading pages are a no-go. You must analyze your website, with tools like Google PageSpeed Insights to gain insight into how you can improve your site’s load time. If you aren’t sure how to improve your page speed on your own, invest in page speed services from a digital marketing company like WebFX.
- Utilize white space: Many companies feel like they need to cover every area of their website with text, photos, or multimedia. In reality, having white space on your site is an excellent way to break up a busy page and make it easier to look at and browse. Utilize white space in your design to create a cleaner design that makes it easy for your audience to browse through your site.
- Create simple navigation: A simple and organized navigation will go a long way in enhancing the user experience. When users can easily find what they’re looking for, they’re more likely to remain on your site and become leads. Utilize broad headings and subcategories under each heading to organize your pages and make it easy for your audience to find.
These are just a few elements that will help you create a more user-friendly design for your website. A great lead generation website will focus on adding features that make the user experience better for your audience, keeping them on your site longer to turn into leads for your business.
2. Choose the right design for your website
One of the most essential best practices for lead generation website design is the aesthetics of your site. Your design choices play an important role because 94% of first impressions relate to web design. If you don’t have a killer design that catches your audience’s attention and keeps them on your page, they might turn to competitors instead.
It’s important to remember that users will judge your business based on how it looks, so design it with your target audience in mind.
Follow these lead generation website design best practices to be successful with user-focused web design:
- Establish a style guide: A web design style guide will help you create pages that are consistent across the board. When your site looks cohesive, leads are more likely to trust your brand. Creating brand guidelines guide will help you establish elements like your website colors, font style, image style, and more.
- Make your design reflective of your business: It’s critical that you create a design reflective of your business to helps leads remember your brand. From your color choices to your design style, your aesthetics should be as unique as your business. For example, if you’re a luxury brand that sells plain-colored watches, a black and white color scheme will fit your brand better than a rainbow of colors.
- Opt for a custom design: If you want your brand to be memorable to your audience, opt for a custom design. A custom design will help you stand out from your competitors and provide your audience with a unique and memorable experience.
If you want to generate more leads for your business, focus on building a quality, custom design for your business. It will help you stand out from your competitors and make your brand more memorable for your audience.
3. Add testimonials to boost credibility
Did you know that 92% of users trust recommendations from others over a brand? If you want to turn visitors into leads for your business, you need to get them to trust your brand. A great way to build trust is by sharing others’ experiences with your business.
There are a few ways you can build trust with your audience:
- Add testimonials to your website: Testimonials are an excellent way for you to showcase how people enjoy your brand. You’ll want to integrate these into your site as part of your web design to help give people insight into how previous customers feel about using your services or buying your products.
- Integrate Google reviews into your website: Another great way to showcase others’ experience with your brand is to integrate Google reviews on your site. Google reviews help users see an authentic experience with your company, which can help them decide if you’re a good fit for their needs.
- Integrate reviews from other sites: There are dozens of different sites where people leave reviews. Sites like Yelp and Consumer Reports are both places where people leave authentic reviews of your business. You can integrate these types of reviews into your site to help site visitors get a fuller picture of what it’s like to work with you or buy your products.
When you add testimonials and reviews to your site, you build trust with your audience. You make them feel confident that, if they choose you, you’ll provide them with the best experience. It’s a great lead generation website design best practice that helps you earn more leads for your business.
Speaking of testimonials, did you know that WebFX has over 420? It’s true! Check them out!
4. Add call to action (CTA) buttons to get users to take the next step
Another essential element of successful website lead generation design is call to action (CTA) buttons. As users peruse your site and look at your products and services, it’s crucial that you provide a way for them to take the next step in the buying process. That’s where CTA buttons come in.
Integrating CTA buttons will help you guide interested users towards becoming leads. To create the most effective CTA buttons, follow these best practices:
- Make them pop: If you want to create a successful web design for lead generation, you must make your CTA buttons pop off your page. Your audience should be able to find the button easily and proceed to the next step in the buying process with ease. Choose colors that stand out on your website, so the user’s attention is drawn to it.
- Don’t use plain CTAs: To get site visitors to take the next step, you need a compelling CTA copy that entices them to click and take the next step. Don’t stick to generic CTAs like “Click here” or “download now.” Create something more informative and enticing, like “download your free guide now!”
- Choose the right shape: Typically, companies will either choose a rounded rectangular button, rectangular button, or extended oval button. To figure out which button is right for your page, you can test the different shapes to see how your audience responds.
CTA buttons are critical for getting users to contact your business, sign up for emails, and download content. If you want to help users take the next step and become leads, create compelling and noticeable CTAs that guide your audience.
5. Add visuals to make your site engaging
If someone visits your website and sees walls of text, they might feel overwhelmed which will make them less likely to continue browsing your site. One of the most crucial lead generation website design best practices is adding visuals.
Visuals help break up text on your site and make it easy for your audience to digest information. When your audience has a better browsing experience on your website, they’re more likely to become leads.
Here are some tips for using visuals as part of your site’s design:
- Use authentic photos: Many companies will try to use stock photos on their site as an easy way to add visuals. While stock photos are an easy way to add photos of real people to your site, it’s well worth the effort to snap some genuine pictures of your staff to use instead. Not only does it create a personal experience for site visitors, but it makes them feel closer to your brand.
- Create videos to explain complex topics: Videos are a great addition to any website to boost engagement and get people interested in your business. Use videos as a tool to showcase your products, explain complicated concepts, and help your audience learn more about your business.
- Use infographics to present data: If you have complex data sets or want to highlight facts about your products or services, infographics are a great visual option for showcasing that information. You can use infographics to visually present statistics, essential facts, and more. It’s an excellent way for you to catch your audience’s attention and help them pull valuable information from your site. Not to mention, they’re easily shareable on social media platforms!
Visuals help enhance the user experience on your site and keep your audience engage. If you want to be successful with web design for lead generation, you must add visuals. Visuals keep people on your site longer, which allows people to get to know your business and become leads.
Put these lead generation website design best practices into action
If you want to start growing online, you must invest in web design for lead generation. By following lead generation website design best practices, you’ll help your business build a website that’s made for attracting and capturing leads.
Are you feeling overwhelmed with trying to design the right website to generate leads? Let WebFX take some of that weight off your shoulders! With our award-winning team of designers, we’ll help you build a beautiful, custom website that fits your business’s needs.